A successful retirement doesn’t happen automatically. It takes careful planning. The Long-Term Vision Test, our interactive retirement planning tool, can help you create the kind of future you envision. The tool has you rate 10 brief statements about the present, the future and your goals. You’ll learn how your personality influences your financial views and your perceptions about retirement.
After completing the test, you will be identified as belonging to one of four categories of individuals: The Frugal Realist, The Patient Dreamer, The Moment Maximizer, or The Luxurious Lifer. Which one are you?
Each category faces its own challenges. When you complete the assessment, you’ll see planning tips and how you compare to others who have taken the test.
Here are a few quick tips that apply to anyone who is looking to build a sound, long-term vision for a bright retirement:
- Start planning for retirement as soon as possible. The earlier you begin, the more time your savings have to grow.
- Get independent retirement planning guidance. Your financial professional can help you develop a comprehensive plan to address your unique needs and goals.
- Steer clear of short-term retirement investment strategies. For some, retirement can last more than 30 years.
- Be flexible about adjusting your investment strategy as you and your family’s needs change. Major life events, such as a new job or marriage, are often the times you’ll need to fine-tune your portfolio.
- Review your insurance policies to make sure you have the protection that is right for you. Check to see if your beneficiary information is current.
Brought to you by The Guardian Network © 2016, 2019, 2021. The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America®, New York, NY
2021-121891 Exp. 6/2023